In cooperation with Mahatat for contemporary art, the workshop and competition aim to support innovative ideas and entrepreneurs in the field of performing arts towards financial and managerial self-sustainability.
50 participants (around 15 performing art groups) will be selected to attend the workshop from all over Egypt.
Types of support provided:
- Technical support: through workshops and trainings on administrative and financial management for the performing art teams, and how to develop their projects into business plans. The workshop will be concluded by the pitching of each team on their developed ideas before the jury – which will choose a winner on the final day.
- Marketing Support: by introducing the field of printed and social media marketing, marketing tools and how to use them effectively as well as monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Strategic Planning Support: participants will get to know strategic planning mechanisms, with focus on one of these mechanisms during the workshop. This is to help them better plan for their projects for final evaluation.
- Prizes: In the end of the workshop and competition, and after announcing the first winning three pitches, prizes will be awarded based on the jury evaluation.
- Members of performing art teams, including theater teams, dancers, circus player, street art performers, musical performing arts teams etc.
- The workshop and competition target support teams in the performing arts sector who have developed their ideas in a clear way, specified their target groups for their performances and have the potential to develop further.
- Applicants can apply from anywhere in Egypt, however, those who live outside Cairo and Alexandria must be original residents of their cities and not temporarily living there.
- Applicants must be between the age range of 18 and 35.
- Applicants must commit to the 3 days workshop.
All workshop costs will be covered for the selected participants.
- Application Deadline: Sunday, 27 March, 2016
- Participant Selection Announcement: Friday, 1 April 2016
- Disrupt!/Performing Arts!/ training: Friday 8 April – Sunday 10 April 2016
Watch a video compilation of the training here: